This is where Bicycle Quarterly and Rivendell come together.

I'm sure many of you are Bicycle Quarterly readers, like me.  I love
reading especially when their travels involve a Rinko'd bike when they take
the Japanese bullet train to some far off part of the country and snap the
bike together once they get off the train - viola.  But those bikes seem
built specifically for that use, and there is little chance my wife is
going to let me head to Japan and purchase a custom built one for my use.
But I am intrigued since I live in DC and Amtrak to other cities actually
is doable.

BTW: I already have a non-Riv S&S coupled Spectrum bike that I take on
plane rides, but that is pain to pack and unpack and then what to do with
the suitcase on a short trip.

So yesterday's email got me thinking: Why can't I Rinko my Ram and take it
to NYC next time I travel?  So rather than do actually research, I thought
I'd ask if folks here have done that, what parts do they use, what are the
challenges, and exactly how cool is it to have a Rinko'able bike?

Thanks for any responses.

Steve Seelig

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/896043f5-eaba-4e6d-a6e3-f9cde87db203%40googlegroups.com.