On 6/4/19 3:19 PM, Chad wrote:
I know Dave well and provided him with the Dura Ace 9-Spd BES (model SL-BS77)
and Deore XT RD-M771-SGS long cage and we've been talking about his setup. I
suggested he post here for more advice. This setup worked great for me on my
old Bombadil.  I also used both SRAM and IRD 9-speed cassettes and the matching
M771 triple FD with Sugino XD2 triple and 110mm BB with this build   I also
used those BES with the M772-SGS 9-spd RD and the M782 10-speed triple FD with
success on my Sam.  Most of this stuff I got from RBW or sought their advice,
though they now incorrectly list the RD-M771 and RD-M772 as 10-speed when they
are in fact 9. I had my LBS originally set things up, though the mechanic was
used to experimenting with slightly unusual combinations.  It was always my
understanding that most 9-speed and lower MTB and road components usually work
together. I believe Dave is also using a Claris double FD with Sugino XD-2
converted to a double with chainguard. Could this combo be causing an issue?

The reported problem is that the rear shifter doesn't reach across the full span of the cassette, so he could be using a pointed stick to shift the front derailleur and that wouldn't figure into this problem at all.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/1b519049-d635-e16f-4cb7-ee5d3ea36ce1%40his.com.