There are different levels of finish for fillet brazing. I understand the
Lyon/Norther bikes are mostly Jeff just laying in the brass, not much
filing. I have an old Viscount where they obviously left it completely raw
(and some pinholes, boo.) I would imagine the Hilli-builder would do some
cleaning up and a bit of finishing, but perhaps not to the level of a
$3,000 custom bicycle.

But yeah, fillet brazing bicycles by hand takes time. And no doubt the
builder Riv is using is good.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/9cdab644-94e7-49a0-b81b-8e0d0623ca94%40googlegroups.com.