You'd have to have that spoke under massive load to break the rim like that
unless the rim was already knackered.

Check your front rim for wear on the brake track. It might be time for two new
rims.

FWIW, if you have the right size spoke wrench, you could do the rim swap
yourself and just take the laced up wheel to a shop for truing. Just make sure
you're using an experienced wheel mechanic. I've replaced a few worn out rims
just by taping the new rim to the old and "moving the spokes over". I build my
own wheels, but the rim swap method is fast and allows one to reuse the spokes
and nipples.

IanA
The process is described in this YouTube video. I haven't watched it through,
just wanted to illustrate my meaning
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwiaiYyPwKvjAhVSoFsKHRkIArsQwqsBMAF6BAgIEAg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/dde0c568-4486-4016-bba3-1380f38f839b%40googlegroups.com.