Creaking generally means something creating friction with the frame. Followiong
this premise, I managed to puzzle out a recent creak by process of elimination
as there are only so many places of interface with the frame. Mine ended up
being a creaky seat post. Dollop-o-grease and silent as a lamb, quiet as a
mouse. Enjoy the puzzle! Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick