Agreed. Those XA cameras were the best. I owned two and they each died when the
shutter button stopped working. I think this was a common problem. Still, if I
ever got back into pocket 35mm photography I’d look for a good one.

The Olympus Stylus Epic was a sort of spiritual follow up to that camera. It
was written up in a things-we-like column in a Riv newsletter, IIRC. Can be
found pretty cheap used. This is a compact camera without much manual control,
and they won’t work without batteries.

Look also for a Contax T2 or T3. The T3 will fit in a bike jersey.