I've been using OMs and Electro 35s for a long time and both are fine
cameras.

What really sets the OM-1 apart is that is it noticeably more compact than
similar vintage Nikons, but still has a large viewfinder that is just plain
nice to look through. It's way better than most DSLRs, and more pleasant to
use than film point and shoot viewfinders. It makes me want to use the
camera and the small size makes it practical to do so. The Electro is
pretty hefty, has a nice (fixed) lens, and for me, the viewfinder isn't as
pleasant to use. But a nice to hold camera nonetheless.

Pete
Arlington, VA