Interesting timing on this...I have been looking into the Bedrocks as well
with similar questions. I have a pair of Chacos and honestly cant stand
them. Or stand IN them more to the point. They make the soles of my feet
burn for lack of better description, are silly heavy, and I REALLY dislike
the toe loop. I wore Tevas for years, and I'm an avid flip flop wearer in
the hot months. Neither have been a problem. Kind of bummed on the Chacos
actually as they were the most spendy sandals I've bought to collect dust
in the closet. When Bedrock introduced with the originals, I liked all but
the super thin sole, now it seems the Cairn really hits that sweet spot.

My questions are regarding the difference between the Cairn regular and 3D
footbeds. I understand one is flat and one is contoured, but is the
contoured one a lot thicker or something? Pictures seem to show very little
contouring on the 3D aside from a small line under the toes, is that really
the only difference? I get the pro version has a stickier rubber, but would
be the same footbeds as the reg/3D right? Is there any benefit to that
little ridge?