Joe, I think what you are talking about is Apple's vs. Oranges in the Ebike
sphere. I guess technically it's still an Ebike, but it's different at the same
time. Which kinda goes back to what I said about regular bikes and Ebikes
diverging.
The "Ebike" is evolving so fast and the bikes and their components are
increasingly not cross compatible. Different everything; spokes, rims, tires,
brake levers.
Yeah, some people are passionate about ebikes and they are such an eye opener
that I sort of understand the enthusiasm initially, but I think it wears thin
pretty fast. Once the "new" wears off. The Ebike is carving out it's own niche
in-between bikes & motorcycles.
If you can dip your toes in both pools with the Copenhagen wheel, I guess
that's a good thing!
As I alluded to earlier my first two thoughts after getting my Radwagon were
"wow, everyone should have one of these " and "hmmm. . . I wish I was riding a
real bike" it's the sort of contradiction that only a dedicated cyclist would
think of.