That's no fun Joe !   Do the bearings have any marking on them to identify
the brand ? I know Tange does. Do you know anyone or have nearby a shop
with tools that you could see if they fit ?   Sometimes these tools are not
up to spec., at least I've found that with Park.  There's only the one tool
type for that spline pattern. I recently had a Park cassette tool I had
purchased years ago and never used, I went to use it and it was slightly
too big to fit, definitely out of spec. I bought an IceToolz and it was
perfect. I'd buy an IceToolz, Unior or Pedro's before I'd buy another Park.