IIRC, the instructions for mounting a Phil BB say that you can move the BB
cartridge a couple of mm in either direction to adjust the drive line, but
if a greater amount than that is required you should be using a BB with a
different spindle length.  And yes, it's much easier to mount one if you
have two of their tools instead of just one, but you can get by with just
one if necessary.