Somewhere in the cycling archive that used to be my garage I have a new
mesh safety vest I ordered, but never used, that I'd be happy to pass on to
someone who can use it for the cost of shipping. I ordered this hi-vis
one-size-fits-most safety vest several years ago from Nashbar, but
discovered when it arrived that I'm smaller than the one size it mostly
fits. Still in it's package, but I'd have to dig around for it.
"Construction worker style" and pretty bulky over a cycling jersey on my
5'7" frame, but if you're bigger or riding in street clothes or want
maximum real estate devoted to retina searing safety yellow then this may
work better for you than it did for me.

Someone mentioned the reflective safety triangles as a "game changer" and
I'll second that! The common Aardvark brand one could use a bit more velcro
strappage to keep it from flopping around, but is extremely visible. This
thing:
https://www.nashbar.com/aardvark-reflective-triangle-yield-symbol-7x7-with-velcro-strap-yeild-symbol/p435349

Cheers,

-Jack