I've been hit twice by cars in the last 10 years. After the second one put
me in the hospital I started riding with Carhartt Force Class 3 Hi-vis
shirts. I have both long and short sleeve versions. Not very stylish, but I
haven't had a close call since using them. I realize that could be more
luck than anything else, but I'm sticking with them. Lighter and more
comfortable than wearing a vest. I'm not a cycling jersey type of rider
anyway.