I've traveled all over the UK with a bike and never even had a bag stolen
off of it. Just be smart locking it up, and maybe grab a cable lock or two
for wheels and accessories. Honestly if you're not in London (where
pro-thieves operate), you're probably fine. Would be a shame to mess with
the beauty of a Homer.

If you're concerned, you could always get a (quite cheap) bike insurance
policy. Annoying perhaps to have to order another bike, but they do cover
replacement value and sometimes even renting while you wait for a
replacement to arrive.

I've also got to get a seatpost binder fixed on that Hanford, so if you
wanted to buy it back and just leave the paint marked up for the time
you're in the UK that would be great camouflage I'd imagine ;)

-Reid