I've had the same experience with the honey / black.  Fortunately the
last black B-17 I acquired had been pre-aged by a previous owner. :)
My honey saddle is like heaven since new. (after the ~10th ride)

I've a green B-17 (ti)  that I've had to struggle to break in.  I'd
say the stiffness was similar to what I have experienced with black
saddles.
Since backing off the tensioner and applying obenaufer's - and riding
it, it's getting to feel much more comfortable.

Don't  be shy about moving the saddle fore and aft as well as angling
the nose.  It's all quite dependent on your handlebar height/reach as
well.

Phil B