I have two B-17 standards.  One in honey and one in black.  They are
the only two Brooks saddles I have ever owned.  The honey one I bought
in December for my Hillborne.  The black one I just put on my new
Bombadil.  Both of them cam our of the box, off of the card and
straight on to my bike.  I've never obenauf'ed either one.  After one
roll late at night up and down the sidewalk on the Bomba, I am already
shocked at the difference between the two.  The honey one was like
sitting in a firm hammock.  It had a fair bit of give.  I even have
given the tighten up nut a half turn.  The black one is very firm.
"Hard as a rock" as some may say.  I won't get that hyperbolic, but it
is noticeably harder.  Also, the black one is super slick, like patent
leather.  The honey one is easy to reposition on, but has a little bit
of grip, like a baseball glove.

Does every Brooks saddle have it's own personality?  It is living
beast parts after all.  Is black always firmer than honey when brand
new?  Or have I already softened up the honey one, and have merely
forgotten the break in?