If you want fast road riding, the Homer isn’t going to ride much different than
the Sam (in my experience with bigger sizes of both models, anyway). The
Rambouillet I have feels quite a bit more lively than my Waterford Homer did,
set up with the same wheelset and 38mm compass tires.

Honestly long stays on my Appaloosa don’t seem to affect the ride nearly as
much as which tires I choose to run. It even feels a bit springier than my Sam
did (perhaps due to the length and my 215lbs or so of rider weight).

Reid in Austin