Lotsa good options and thoughts here. I must admit I'm leaning toward the
Herse setup, damn the cost. If I'm going to pay to go custom, I may as well
spend my wad.
107 BB or 110? (Thanks for that data point William D. R.)

One concern is that it seems to me that Grant's bikes do really well with
his spec'd components. Not so sure if they do as well without. Specifically
I'm speaking of the more "versatile" bikes, like my Sam HIll. Will the
narrow tread and shorter bottom bracket play well with this bike?