I love my Quickbeam.  I've been riding it as a daily commuter in San
Francisco since I bought it last fall, with some weekend trips across
the bridge and into Marin.  The Beam came set-up with noodle bars,
which I really like.  For most of my riding, though, which involves
tearing around the city and hauling groceries, I found myself wanting
to try out a more upright position.

Enter the Jitensha bars...

I loved the Quickbeam before, yeah, but the new bars have taken it to
another level altogether.  Upright, but still fast feeling with
incredible control, even with a loaded front basket.  There far enough
out that I can still get decent leverage when climbing out of the
saddle.  Anyway, if you're considering going a little swept back and
upright, but don't want to go as far as the albatross bars, I highly
recommend giving the Jitensha's a shot.  Here're a couple of shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gogglz/4483314830/in/set-72157623750965348/

isaac