Okay, so Jim got to do all the fun stuff last weekend.  But April 1st
was predicted to be silly warm and windy in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
High temp predicted to be 80.  Took the day off work, grabbed the Sam
Hillborne, and decided to do the shorter version of Jim's ride.
Didn't do his ride due to many factors, including their speed and the
fact I had a gig that day.

Ended up having a fine time by myself.  Per Jim's suggestion, took one
of the detours.  Hill Rd is truly an understatement.  At one point was
in my lowest gear and still wondering if I could make it up.  Having
done about 65 miles at that point didn't help.  The downhill was worth
it, though.

The Hillborne handled everything with aplomb.  The 700x40 tires were
quite good on the unpaved section.  Still zippy feeling on the
pavement.  Even when totally exhausted, the bike behaved beautifully.
Drops were high enough that it wasn't too much of a chore to do a
couple of miles at a time in the hooks.  That's not something that
could have happened a couple of years ago.

Enough of that, here are some photos.  http://tinyurl.com/yjzdhkf

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN