I agree that Grant's bikes have continued to be at least a decade ahead of
their time, throughout history, which is impressive but also has surely had
a negative effect on sales. The 650B bikes that Grant was building in the
early 2000's are hugely marketable now, but Grant has moved on to stuff
that is outside that "marketable zone" instead. I would be surprised if
today's Rivs aren't more widely coveted in a decade, long after Grant is
profiting from them. Those handful of people who are willing to trust
Grant's vision (ie, most everyone here) get to ride well ahead of the
trendy wave.

That being said, I also feel that Grant's old priorities are just as valid
as his new priorities, even if the execution is a touch more elegant today.
Sometimes I want to ride a bike that is extremely nimble, like my '92 XO-1.
Being fun to ride is as valid a desire as being safe, and while of course
they are not mutually exclusive, sometimes you've gotta take a little from
one side to give to the other.