Leah, sounds like you're doing great and have it well in hand. I took years
to learn to make big changes then dial toward wee ones. If you want,
however, feel free to try the vicarious version of us being there. Ride by
feel. Arms tired? Core sore? Anywhere talking to you? Hands numb? When you
pedal, do the top of your hip bones go up and down because you're reaching
for the pedal? Anything else strike you? Side photo of you riding on the
bike, feet at 12 and 6 (top and bottom), in your normal position. Of
course, you'll get too may opinions and many contradictory, so we may not
be much help. Grin.

Note: counter intuitively, lowering the saddle will also effectively raise
the handlebars and shorten reach, just as raising the handlebars does. I
ride with my saddle lower, as that's what I preferred with fixed gear.

With abandon,
Patrick