All Rivs that I have ridden have feel extremely nimble to shifts in weight
for steering.  If you like bikes that are really sensitive to steering
input, then there is a huge variation in this sensitivity across Rivs.  The
Roadeo is steers beautifully--not twitchy in the least.  The steering
carves turns, almost like skiing carves turns downhill.  My wife's Betty
Foy, on the other hand, is very insensitive to steering input (but again,
very sensitive to weight shifts).  If I had coaster brakes (and single
speed or downtube shifters) on the Betty, then I am confident that I could
spin my front wheel in circles and stay upright without a problem.  On the
other spectrum, I had a Marinoni road bike, and as you turn the handlebar,
the bike literally falls over, so it is very sensitive to steering and the
vigilance required made it tiring for long rides.

What does this have to do with chainstay length?  Well, whether you like
longer chainstays or not may depend in part, on your turning technique.
The more you rely on steering as opposed to weight shifts, the more likely
you are to dislike the longer chainstays, because the bike will more stably
track in the direction the bike is moving with longer stays and you need
that weight shift to alter direction.

With that said, however, the longer stays feel just as nimble (to weight
shifts and turning) as the shorter ones and much more stable, so I can't be
happier than I am about it (with my style of turning).

People thought that longer stays would inhibit the ability to navigate on
mountain dirt switchbacks, but the legend says that Keven, who originally
advocated for these longer stays, could bomb down switchbacks faster than
anyone else could, and he could do it much more easily with the longer
stays...

Toshi