Now that I have your attention.... just kidding. I have had a thought
rolling around in my head for some time now, and Grant's latest blog post
about December has pushed me to act. I love all of y'all. I gave up social
media a couple of years ago (someone else does social media for me...wow!
it's amazing) as I seek to find more authentic interactions and friends in
this life. We are an amazing community. We celebrate when others have wins.
We mourn when others go through tough patches in life. We bless others when
we have too much. We also are brave enough to be on the receiving end of
those things when life throws us curves. This is what any community in the
world longs to be. Our "sun" if you would is the beautiful company sitting
outside downtown Walnut Creek who thousands pass every day and have no clue
of the world changing little company tucked in among all of the auto repair
shops. Rivendell and it's people are why we found each other. I am forever
grateful for that, and for each and every one of you.

I could go on, but that brings me to my proposal. I am just as guilty of
buying many things from others who have them for sale including bikes,
frames, and many other parts. What if we offered up a "thank you" every
time we made a transaction in our little community? Just on the honor
system, and just to say thank you for bringing us together. I am going to
begin buying Rivendell gift certificates in the amount of 10% of my sales
or purchases on the list that I will never use. Now, this will not be that
much on a normal basis, but as a small business owner, there are times when
an extra $100 per week helps tremendously. I believe even if we buy
something from Rivendell every time we buy and sell on our little list, we
could make a difference and also allow Grant, Vince, Corey, Will, Mark, and
all of those fine folks know how much they are appreciated, valued, and
loved.

Thank you for reading my little thoughts. I am grateful for all of you and
the way you bless and warm my life.

Karl
Nash, TN