me
I agree. I have ridden bikes with stays at 470 and over — eg, Trek 720, various
other touring and a few cargo bikes — and for general use, I prefer shorter
stays. Purely a feel thing, at 470 and above frames start to feel boat-y to me,
I don’t like the wider turn radius, I feel little to no benefit beyond that
length. In medium frames, for all around use, 440-450 feels perfect. To me.
Maybe it’s simply what I am used to. In any case, riding frames with longer
stays didn’t change my mind.