I follow R&E in Seattle almost as close as I follow RBW and tend to agree
with their philosophy that there is no reason for a bike to have toe
overlap.  They tend to design around wheel sizes that eliminate toe overlap
and they also go the "more fork rake/less head angle" route to eliminate
toe overlap.  They developed their own aluminum fork with 55mm of rake (vs
the common 45mm fork) but they also build custom forks, as needed.

I think it's cool that Grant redesigned my size Atlantis with 700c wheels
and a long top tube with more fork rake and less head angle.  I bet that
has tons of toe clearance, even with the fattest tires that will fit.

I'm fortunate that I ride flat bars exclusively and my proportions require
a bike with a longer top tube so I can run huge tires on my Hunqapillar
(much more conservative in front-end dimensions than the new Atlantis) with
no toe overlap.   My grail bike is pretty much the old 26" 56cm Atlantis
but I know from experience that a 57cm ETT just won't work for me.