John,

Bill I believe alluded to this, but there now seem to be two generations of MIT
Atlantis. To my chagrin, the precious geometry charts have disappeared from the
website and if you ask anyone at Riv about differences between generations they
either do not know (eg Corey) or will not tell you (Grant).

There was a time, about 2 months ago or so, when there were two different MIT
Atlantis geo charts on the website. One on the Atlantis site and one on the
full geo chart listing all current frame geometries. They conflicted with one
another. I called Riv with clarifying questions and Corey promptly removed the
geo chart on the Atlantis site from the original gen MIT Atlantis. I called
back asking Grant about the different geometries and how to tell whether a
given MIT was of the first or second geometry. He told me not to worry about.

So there it is. I believe that the current crop of MIT Atlanti are longer and
slacker than the original generation. The original are therefore better suited
to drops. Benedict’s bike, linked to in the Radavist article, is first gen and
perfect for drops.

Best,
D.