I wave at every car (being fairly rural helps with that), which is both
friendly and increases safety. I look like a regular guy, I ride in the
right tire "lane" and I get passed slowly and curtiously 99.99% of the
time. I ride to a trailhead about 7 miles away. It is 4-5 miles, depending
what route is taken, which depends on snow/ice conditions mostly. I have a
number of spots I pipe, coffee, and write at for a few hours, then I ride
home. I write with a raw wood pencil, knife sharpened to get a tip that
writes for hours, cursive to paper on a leather folio that doubles as a lap
desk when flipped over. Coffee is home roasted, brewed at home and kept hot
in a 20oz narrow neck Kleen Kanteen thermos. Sometimes I also pray the
rosary.

With abandon,
Patrick