> Here's something I don't understand about the Ortliebs.  I would like
> to get high visibility panniers, like the yellow Ortliebs.  However,
> the back of the panniers is black.

By back do you mean the side that attaches to the rack or the side one
sees from the back and front of the bike?

If the latter, Ortlieb has very reflective pieces on the sides that
face in front and back of the bike.  Almost annoying when if your bike
has a light and your are riding behind someone with Ortliebs.