Joe B wrote:

Brakes: Yeah, I'm never going to love the Tektro R559s. I have them on my
new-to-me Frank Jones Señor singlespeed (talk about a light and flexy
frame!) and am once again reminded why I prefer v-brakes. The Tektros don't
really stop you as much as reduce your speed if you absolutely insist 😐

I'm wondering if the levers those calipers are paired with make a
difference here?

The R559 is ostensibly a road brake, so I assume it was designed to be
paired with a lever with the mechanical advantage of a standard drop bar
road lever. For those using R559s with flat bar/mt levers, I'd expect less
than optimal braking performance as the M/A of the levers doesn't match
what the brake was designed for, no?

Hugh "No issues with the R559s on my road bike" Flynn
Newburyport, MA

--
Hugh Flynn
Newburyport, MA