A thing I remembered after reading various comparisons to Homer and Clem, but
first a caveat that answers Leah's "how do you use it" question: I owned mine
for only about 6 months, first as a light-ish 2-speed "around town" bike (it's
perfect for that), then an hilariously fast and underbraked ebike conversion
(don't try this at home).

A thing that makes Cheviot different from Clem and possibly Homer is how the
tubes provide a quite solid structure. This is all theory on my part, but I
felt very little flex in the frame (that I can remember from 3 years ago) and I
presume the tight triangle from the mid/toptube; and third set of stays;
contributes to this.

In comparison to my Clem Ls - which really don't have a triangle up front at
all because the toptube closely parallels the bottom - the Cheviot is stiffer.
I could feel some flex in the L, especially loaded up from the store.

In comparison to Homer (too long ago for me to remember this detail, and I had
the Toyo version), Toshi on the other thread says his AHH turns noticeably
quicker going down a twisty mountain road. I presume some of this is geometry -
I believe Cheviot has slightly more relaxed angles than Homer - but I can
imagine a Cheviot feels stiffer than that bike, too. Definitely guessing here
with the Homer comparisons, maybe Toshi and others can expound more on this.

Brakes: Yeah, I'm never going to love the Tektro R559s. I have them on my
new-to-me Frank Jones Señor singlespeed (talk about a light and flexy frame!)
and am once again reminded why I prefer v-brakes. The Tektros don't really stop
you as much as reduce your speed if you absolutely insist 😐

Joe "wow, this singlespeed won't downshift and now I remember why gears are
good" Bernard
Marin County CA.