Deborah, it’s a Jaguar! 😂 Yes, I love this.

So based on your 5’ 2” height, did you get the 50 cm? What year did you get
your bike? I ask because I know the Cheviot is longer in later iterations. The
first gen wasn’t much different than the BF. I remember a Lister named Michael
saying his wife had a BF and daughter had a Chev and there was no discernible
difference.

Several folks have mentioned my Betty Foy, and that my Cheviot might be too
close in ride to the Clem L. I loved that Betty Foy for a lot of years, but
when I got a Clementine I loved that ride so much more. When I took both bikes
to my sister’s house we fought over who got the Clementine; it was just that
good. Neither of us could say why it was good, but IT JUST WAS and when you
know you know. Both bikes had Brooks and Bosco bars, and were set up similarly
- so it wasn’t the setup, it was in the marrow of the bikes themselves. I’d
have died happy with my Betty Foy if I hadn’t known what a Clem felt like, but
now that I do, the Betty plays second fiddle to that unassuming Clem. I
attribute the nice ride to longer chainstays, and I figured that if I got the
Cheviot I could have a nicer Clem-like ride but with less weight to the bike.

I adore the Riv mixtes. They call to me. They look so romantic and lovely and
irresistible. I am so pleased to have the step-through Clem, but I still want a
Riv mixte for my 2nd bike. And if Rivendell made a 3rd mixte, I might try to
have that one, too. I just love love love Rivendell mixtes.

I have 2 inch tires and front and rear racks on my Clem and  I’m a lot slower
up hills than I was on my Betty. I ride it anyway because I love the Clem ride
and will just accept the extra workout that is piloting that big Clem L. As I
said, I have some muscles I wouldn’t have earned on a lighter bike, and I’m
pleased about that.

So, a lighter (and thus quicker) version of the comfy Clem ride is what I’m
trying to obtain, and maybe with $$$ light wheels and parts I can get most of
that. I suppose worst case, I could order a custom later with lighter tubing.
Though waiting too long for a custom worries me too, because I don’t know what
Rivendell’s future looks like in these dark times.

Thanks for listening to all that. This thread has been so interesting. I need
to reread some of your responses again. So much great info.

Leah

Sent from my iPad