Thanks, all. Really, my inquiry supposes that I want a "light, strong,
cheap -- choose all" solution. But I think one could rig up something that
(1) leaves little or nothing attached to saddle or seatpost or frame, (2)
holds 20 lb securely in a saddlebag, and (3) goes on and off with very
little fiddling. So far, Roberta's is the best (in this connection) idea,
tho' I don't have saddle loops on my Flite. But some sort of dowel-like
device to "hook" into the saddle rails and hold the bag straps is what I
had in mind. I can see a "dowel" shaped to fit the rails tightly, with the
bag's straps fitting onto it outside of the rails; the "dowel" also shaped
on the ends to "catch" the straps so that, when cinched tight, they can't
slide off. Loosen on strap, slip off "dowel," hook through rails, re-attach
strap and cinch tight. You'd need some sort of standoff or stiffener in the
bag so that the "dowel" does not slide toward the seatpost.

But when all is said and done, hopefully I won't have to worry about this
shortly, once I get back a bike with racks for panniers. Meanwhile, I think
the quick solution is to replace the OEM Camper straps either with toe
straps or else with the long straps I bought a few years ago, and run these
outside instead of inside the bag.