Oh Yes ! The frozen pound cake .... and frozen zucchini and pumpkin quick
breads .... and of course even cookies.  While I don't eat any of that
anymore, I do freeze nice and very ripe bananas, peeled and left whole.
Utter magnificence. I also refrigerate them after they get nice and ripe
and they keep for at least a week. I They can get very dark on the outside
and remain perfect inside, What I grew up with as a "ripe banana" , the
yellow with a green tip, I cannot even touch anymore. Those
once-in-a-great-while Dairy Queen treats of a banana milkshake/banana split
would have tasted so much better with real ripe bananas !  Frozen grapes
are awesome too, as is very ripe pineapple, but to get it that way you
gotta know how to pick them and let them sit around for awhile until they
ooze sweetness.

The bananas and pineapple I cook with oatmeal, rice and masa flour(Maseca
Tamal in particular) every day. Not to mention berries, apples, plantains,
stone fruits and raisins.

Back to bread though, I assume you're using a decent brand of freezer bags
?