50 - 55 mm is a HUGELY WIDE tire.  10mm wider than a 42mm.  If someone who is MASSIVELY heavier can ride a 42mm tire inflated to 50-55 psi in comfort, never getting pinch flats, there is simply no way no how that that same pressure in a tire 1 cm wider and a rider who is DRAMATICALLY lighter will be OK.