He does build all these things himself and does his own test
<https://www.peterverdone.com/cushcore/> "flights" and isn't shy about
relating failures (can't find the link, but there was a recent crash
involving his own carbon/metal bar and broken bones).

If you scroll down in this post, he shows a good comparison of rider
contact points and where the wheels end up:
https://www.peterverdone.com/baron-review-offroad/

In some ways, I agree that his style is a bit more cocky / confident /
declarative than warranted. In other ways, I find it a bit more palatable
than the all-too-non-committal, "everything is subjective" style that I
think is more the current trend. But we're getting into philosophy... I'd
love to ride one of his bikes, although my riding currently doesn't include
"getting rad" offroad.

- Max "feeling fast in my WFH lounger" in A2