I was excited about this project but seeing that frame does not make my eyes
happy. It reminds me of a cheap “compact” road frame that manufacturers make to
offer fewer sizes.

I guess that fits into the less expensive mold, but I was hoping for something
more closely akin to a tig welded AHH with longer stays. I’ve stared at this
picture a lot this morning trying to appreciate the top tube to no avail.

Maybe it will look better with a Tallux stem? Maybe it would look better with
bent seat stays? The top tube as shown would really only help stand over
clearance further midway along itself. When I dismount I stand over the segment
of TT immediately in front of the saddle. I guess I’m trying to understand the
practical advantage of the swoopy top tube.

Best,

Aaron