I think this bike looks awesome, the most natural way I've seen to get drop
bars higher than the saddle, which I normally find to be a goofy look.
Somehow this configuration, with the dirt drop stem and the curving top
tube and the long chainstays and the thinnish (for a Riv) fork blades, it
all comes together as an all-road drop bar explorer. As my neck protests
the traditional drop bar setup (even modified to almost level) as the years
go by, I would love to try a Gallop. Having just impulsively purchased a
Susie, I might have to wait a bit.

I thought the bent seat stays on original run of the two smaller sizes of
Clementines looked really nice, but IIRC they came about due to a slight
snafu with the seat cluster. I think the current Clem Ls and the other
Hillibikes look just fine with the Swooptop and the straight seat stays.

In terms of how it fits into the current marketplace, all road, road plus,
drop bar gravel, whatever you call it. And the V-brakes make sense here as
a great alternative to disc (note the popularity of the recent canti
Lighting Bolt from Crust. Only a matter of time before VO, which is now
all-disc, issues a v-brake or canti model). As I pointed out way up in the
thread, the Roadini is a tough sell--updated sport tourer with slightly
wider tires (maybe--I have a 70s st that clears 42mm). But the Charlie
looks to be a fun go go gravel bike with maybe the lighter tube set a la
Susie. Fantastic is my initial reaction. If Romance Guy is still on the Riv
payroll, he will rock this thing on some Utradyamicos.

As far as practicality of the top tube design, to my eye, the lowest point
is exactly where you need it, just forward of the saddle. And it's a more
elegant way to raise the head tube/stack height than a straight diagonal
tt. (And most traditional sloped tt designs slope down, whereas Riv sloped
tubes always go up.)