Oh, I forgot to mention why I specified the Pakit. Other Bike Fridays I've
owned - the New World Tourist style most of their 20" wheel bikes use - were a
lot more cumbersome to fold. They really are travel bikes for breaking down and
packing into cases if that's what you're looking for. Which you might, they're
good riding bikes for the longer distances you plan to do.

Or just get Velo-Orange Neutrinos. They don't fold or split, but the 20" inch
wheels may make them compact enough.