In my relatively short tests I  was surprised how similar both the Brompton
and BF felt to me -- the smaller wheel and narrower tire on the Brompton
gave a bit more bumpiness, but the elastomer rear end on the Brompton
smoothed that out. I was expecting a bigger =difference -- but at least in
my case i found both a pleasure to ride and neither of them created any
"geez, what am I doing" moments. If you are a large fellow like me you will
look like a curcus bear on ewither one -- but that's not bad -- both bikes
drew equally large numbers of smiles and friendly comments from folks on
the MUT.

I cannot comment of 40+ mile rides loaded on either, but I'd imagine I'd be
good on either one. For me the difference would probably come down to how
often i'd want to fold it and how quickly -- if the fold is key the
Brompton is hard to beat.

Julian Westerhout
Bloomington, IL