Thanks for taking the time to do this and report back. I love the picture
of the Brompton, BF, and Atlantis lined up next to one another!

I'm increasingly leaning toward BF as being the best all-around compromise
for my needs. The quick fold option seems just fine for throwing in the
back of a car or stowing belowdecks on a boat cruise. The more extensive
breakdown is workable for infrequent overseas travel.

Your friend's bikes are tempting, but over the years I've spent a lot of
money trying to save a buck buying used gear. When I factor in the costs of
retrofitting my preferred components/gearing I suspect that I'll be better
off just ordering new. Part of this has to do with how custom the bikes
truly are though - on their ordering page BF gives the impression that
their frames are custom built to your unique dimensions and specifications.
Now if their idea of custom sizing is using an off-the-rack frame and
swapping in seatposts and stems to suit then I may have to revisit this
idea. Kent, perhaps you could weigh in here?

I find myself with a free week of vacation this August due to other plans
falling through thanks to Covid. I am thinking of setting up an appointment
and driving to Eugene for a personalized consultation and fitting. Good
idea or overkill do you think? I just noticed that BF is offering a 20%
discount for frames delivered this fall, so if I can get in on that I may
just go for it.

Jay Lonner
Bellingham, WA