Sorry to hear you are having this problem. I had heard that running the
full 2.8" tire can cause this, but bummed to hear it with the 2.6, which I
was hoping would let me avoid the issue (also planning on
Teravail--Honchos?).

I can't really give specific advice, but I will be following this thread,
as I plan to run a triple up front, 8 speed cassette. I guess we'll see,
but would be nice  if the prototypes could be tweaked to avoid this, if the
bike is advertised for 2.8" tires. I do think with the modern 9-10-11 speed
skinny and flexible chains, dead nuts chainline is not so much of an issue.
Maybe I'll do 8 of 10 and leave some spacers on the high end--would get the
flexy chain with that solution too. People do seem to worry about q factor,
which will take a small hit with your various solutions.