Oops, one more and I promise to stop Shopping Vicariously. Just a few past
the Bob Jackson is a Trek 620. Still overpriced in my view (though again,
if you use it, it's still cheaper than a new tigged frame and will last at
least as long), but a known geometry.

Trek 520's, 620's, 720's. Of course, locating one of these gems might be a
bit problematic.