The Man who would be King is indeed a wonderful film; One of those that if
I stumble on it while flipping channels; I'll continue watching it even
though I've seen it a half dozen times! It has one of the original "twist"
endings. Predictable for the viewer maybe, but you can certainly sympathize
with the narrator of the story.  Of course maybe I am predisposed to it,
because I am fascinated by the culture of that region.  It gives a fairly
accurate depiction of how Polo was invented as well.