I snapped the seat post collar (I hope that's what it's called) bolt on my
Joe Appaloosa while tightening it,  got a replacement from a local LBS but
not sure it's safe.  I recall a few months ago someone had something
similar, but I don't remember the specifics.

Bolt that snapped is marked YTS A2-70, the bottom broken bolt in the pic.
The new one is unmarked and is the top bolt, assuming the pics don't
rotate.  It's a bit more rounder looking.

Can I use it temporarily or permanently, or just hold out until I get the
exact match?   Learning from this group that one bike is never enough :) ,
I do have an AHH, so I won't be without a bike.

I never thought that I would have enough strength to do this!  Just this
morning, I got the saddle height, tilt, setback just right!  That is why I
was tightening it.

Thanks, Roberta