In 2018, my older son, E, was gifted a 45 cm grilver Clem H by someone on
this list, who wishes to remain anonymous. You can read about it in the
link below.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rbw-owners-bunch/qrKUcYAQetM

Anyway, E was very proud of his Rivendell (an outrageously nice bicycle for
a 7th grader) and very sad that one day he would outgrow it. Conveniently,
he grew slowly though his peers shot up, but that kid hit a 5 inch growth
spurt this summer and he’s now looking me in the eye and threatening to
keep growing. Today, I pulled my husband’s cast-off 2015 52 Clem H from the
storage room and had E try it out. It fits. Not that he is happy about this
- he was attached to his bike. He’s pointed out that the blue Clem doesn’t
have “cream in the windows” (lugwork...should I let him take after it with
nail polish?) and it isn’t grilver and it “doesn’t look as cool.” But once
we got his saddle and his bags strung up, he’s warming. The Bosco Bullmoose
have got to go; he’s emphatic that the triangulation messes up the way he
had his bags. This will mean new grips, stem and bars. 😒

Well, what does this mean for Baby Bear? Baby Bear finally gets the grilver
Clem! He’s been riding a Specialized Hotrock (handed down from E) and he
was fond of pointing out, “It’s a fellowship of Rivendells...and a hobbit.”
We wheeled out the 45 Clem and Baby Bear tried it out. He can’t quite stand
over it (hobbits 🙄), but he’s close. He rode the Clem up and down the
street and couldn’t believe how different it felt. When he parked the bike
he pointed to the friction thumb shifters and asked, “What are these?”

Baby Bear is my cautious kid and he’s elected to keep riding his Hotrock
for now because the dismount on the Clem unnerves him. We’re stripping the
“E” from the little Clem so it will be a blank canvas for the hobbit when
he decides to finally ride it. We’ll keep the rack and basket (Baby Bear
wants them) and the saddle will be the original Clem saddle because it’s
lightweight compared to the sprung Brooks I have laying in the bin.

The new platform is preventing my photos from going through, so I’ll try in
a comment to this post.

Goodnight,
Leah