Beyond the pandemic, failure politics, economic downturn, schools
starting up virtually, devastating fires, and ongoing brutality
against black and brown people -- now we have environmental
devastation. I'm having an incredibly hard time seeing light at the
end of this tunnel.

We cannot simply just ride the bikes to escape any longer; all of the
best places are now under mandatory closure -- or have already burned
over. The evacuation maps look like cue sheets for all my favorite
places in the west.

We must begin making amends now, before a whole world is lost to
climate disaster.

=- Joe Bunik
Walnut Creek, CA