Who wants to see ‘em?

I didn’t know they existed and found them accidentally while shopping for
Boscos for my littler son. What happened was...

1. I moved E, my 14 year old, up from his 45 Clem H to our 52 Clem H, which
had the original Bosco Bullmoose bars. E hated the Bullmoose bars because
they mess with his bag placement. He asked for his old Bosco bars back. Ok,
fine...

2. My little son, L, (11) then got the 45 Clem H and had *no* bars. Upon
perusing Rivendell’s website, I found BABY Boscos! They sounded pretty
perfect to me - 49 cm instead of 52. I got him a 10 cm stem, which was all
they had.

The bars were supposed to be for stokers on the Hubbah Hubbahs, but why
can’t they work for a child? L is small for his age and when we rode with
the 52 bars he was nervous when got to the posts at the start of the MUP.
He really didn’t believe he could fit between them with his wide bars. “MY
BIKE IS BIG-BONED!!!” he shrieked. He fit just fine of course, but the 52
bars are a big jump from his flat bars. He felt wobbly and didn’t think he
could stand up and pedal, which he loves to do. I think the Baby Boscos
will help with that unsteady feeling.

I received and installed the Baby Boscos today, and they’re little. I don’t
think they come back as far as regular Boscos do - the placement of the
brake levers and shifters hits the curve of the bar. I’m including some
photos so you can see how these bars fit a child.

We won’t have any in-depth reviews for you because L isn’t even committing
to this Clem yet. It’s a little big for him (he can’t stand over the top
tube) so he only goes on easy rides with it. When he goes on adventures
down the mountain to meet his buddy, he takes his old Hotrock (in service
to the Peterson family since 2013!). Regarding which bike he was taking, he
said, “Mom, I can’t take that bike [the Clem]. Not for the aggressive
biking I’m going to be doing.” 🤣🤣🤣 Grant Petersen would be so
discouraged. Let’s not tell him.

Anyway, L rode up and down our street, handed the Clem back to me and said,
“I just like my Hotrock bars better. I wish we could put those on the
Clem.” 🙄🙄🙄 So, there’s the first Baby Bosco bar review we have. I don’t
think I’ll put that on Riv’s website.

Photos in next post because Google Groups won’t allow it here...
Leah