Yes to what DougP has stated. Relax the FD gap !   I have a seeming
large gap also on my Bombadil 24/36/44 crank with a road FD, whose radius
doesn't really match at all.  On top of that the flat regular 44t ring is
reversed, as 44t rings are designed for middle/small use. So in "theory"
it's just all messed up, but reality isn't a theory. I use a little more
finesse to shift to the big ring, and it just works. That's the beauty of
all this manual shifting stuff, it's very fluid and adaptable and friendly.