I've linked to this archived page from Peter White during numerous similar
threads, but it's still there and still relevant.  Good synopsis of the
difference between the Ram and Hilsen when they were simultaneously
available:

https://www.peterwhitecycles.com/rambouillet.php

*"These two frames are so similar, I've decided to keep them on the same
page, at least until I think of a reason not to. If you start from the
Rambouillet, the Hilsen has longer chainstays, by one centimeter. It also
requires longer caliper brakes, because it has clearance for larger tires.
Essentially the Rambouillet is great for fast day riding with the racer
wannabees, brevets and credit card touring. The Hilsen is more into the
loaded touring category. When you put full panniers on it, the handling
will be a bit more stable than if you load down the Rambouillet. And with
fat tires on the Hilsen, dirt roads will be more comfortable to ride on all
day.*

*So for now the text below is what it has been ever since I started selling
the Rambouillet frames several years ago. Virtually everything written here
applies to the Hilsen, with the caveats above. Of course, we have no more
Rivendell FframesAs soon as I have time, I'll list maximum tire sizes I'm
happy recommending, with and without fenders. My recommendations have been
a bit more conservative that Rivendell's recommendations in the past. I
usually recommend a smaller maximum tire size with fenders than Riv does.
It is somewhat personal preference; essentially how risk averse you are.
The smaller the gap between the tire and the fender, the easier it is for
something to get caught in there. I like lots of space; some people are
happy with less. My recommendations are only that; recommendations. You're
the one riding the bike, and accepting the risks that come with our
favorite outdoor activity.*

*What's a Rambouillet? There are two ways to think of it. It's either a
racing frame with a bit longer wheelbase, because the chainstays are
longer; and provides a higher handlebar position, because the top tube
slopes upwards a bit, and the headtube is extended; and there's lots of
tire and fender clearance. Or it's a touring bike with a wheelbase that's
too short for carrying heavy loads, so it's perfect for weekend tours where
you're staying at B&Bs or hotels and don't need a tent, sleeping bag and
lots of clothes."*